How are we doing? Talk to me.
I am feeling wonderful and so excited about 2021! This is going to be such a great year.
I took some time to look back at 2020 and digest what I experience. I’ll share some of my highlights and low lights.
- I was able to get multiple training courses worth thousands of pounds for free
- I had counselling/therapy and emotional healing sessions
- I moved house which decreased my rent significantly just before lockdown
- I made great new friends
- I was able to do the 40 day prayer challenge twice which has been phenomenal
- I started my youtube channel (surprise)
- I exercised a lot more and work on my health
- I was more consistent with my blog and had people subscribe (Thank you so much!)
- I invested in a business coach
- I was made redundant from my job but through divine favour I was hired into a brilliant position within a 2 months
- I received more Christmas gifts than I’ve received in my whole life!
- I wasn’t able to see family and friends that live out of town as much
- COVID19 and lockdown
- Having to look into and deal with some difficult emotional and relational issues
- Feelings of insecurity and fear
I know that for many 2020 was an absolutely challenging year for various reasons. I didn’t list my 2020 wins to just to brag.
I listed them because I’m acknowledging the many blessings that I received in a year with so much bad news and difficulties. Also to provide hope for those who need it.
I didn’t have anyone close to me pass away from COVID19 or any other related illnesses. But I am aware of and know people who have come pretty close to death.
My prayers go out to everyone dealing with grief and suffering related to losing their business, job, family member or friend in 2020.
I don’t have a magic answer for how to solve what you’re facing. However, I do know that there are good things still happening everyday.
You may have to look a bit harder to find them but they are there.
Coming into 2021 I have a few things I am committing to:
- Continued personal growth in all areas of my life
- Thriving instead of Surviving
- Meditation and Active Listening
- Living undistracted
- Adding Value
I think those will go way beyond 2021, but this is where it starts.
What are you looking forward to most in 2021? Please leave a comment below